Locum People are currently urgently recruiting for an Anaesthetics SpR to work in a dynamic hospital based in the Midlands for 3 months with a view to extend. Covering a full rota, our client is looking for a doctor who can start immediately.
Duties & Requirements
Appropriate clinical responsibility for the care of patients delegated by the consultant to his/ her charge. Co responsibility for the proper functioning of the Anaesthetics department, including the supervision of more junior medical staff.
• Participation in the Registrar on call rota and to provide cover in exceptional circumstances for colleague’s absence.
• Attending clinics and assessing patients and formulating treatment decisions seeking advice from the consultant as appropriate.
• Attending sessions with the consultant and assisting or performing procedures as appropriate.
• Running of wards with consultant cover on site during the day, consultant off site after hours.
• Participation in clinical audit.
• Attendance at clinical meetings and case conferences as appropriate.
• Working within a multidisciplinary team.
• Teaching and training staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate.
• Communication with other team members as appropriate.
• Co-ordinating appropriate medical disciplines concerned with care for your speciality and communicating appropriately with general practitioners (GP’s) and community agencies.
• Assessment, care and treatment of patients presenting acutely to the speciality and referred to the speciality.
• Conducting daily ward rounds on inpatients under the consultant’s care, supervising the junior doctors whilst the patient is in their care.
• In conjunction with the admitting clinical teams and the wider health economy to develop and implement integrated Anaesthesia pathways throughout the hospital / trust.
• Participation in relevant audit for the department and quality assurance procedures.
• Abide by the clinical & Corporate Governance policies of the hospital/ trust.
• To make sure that the guidance from the GMC (General Medical Council) on Good Medical Practise is at the heart of your clinical practise.
• To keep up to date with Anaesthesia knowledge by Continuous Medical Education in the best interest of the patient and your personal development.
• Although a timetable will be provided, you will be expected to be flexible, in the interest of patient care and to meet the needs of the department as decided by the general manager and clinical lead for your department – Anaesthesia.
• To contribute to the wider corporate and organisational needs of the hospital / trust as appropriate.
- Above market average pay rates
- Flexible working hours
- Well-staffed Department
- Accommodation on site available
Although overseas applicants are welcome to apply, doctors must have GMC registration in order to be considered for this role, therefore GMC registration is essential. Certificate of Sponsorships will be supported for those who need it.
If you would like to hear more about the vacancies we are working on then please call for Snajay Chambers on 01908 683 906 or alternatively you can email: email@example.com alternatively please see our other SpR Emergency Medicine vacancies.