Covid has turned our lives upside down and created a lot of new challenges both at home and at work over the last few months and there’s still a little longer to go.
Many people have been told to work from home whilst others are furloughed, so our usual habits have gone out of the window.
It can be hard to stay motivated (and relaxed) when your routine is so different especially after so long in lockdown. Mental health can suffer as well as your mood and fitness levels.
We’ve put together a list to help you…
1. Make yourself a plan for the next day, what you want to achieve – even if it’s something small like washing your hair! Having small achievable goals can help you to stay focused. Set an alarm, get up and make your bed too.
2. Try to stay off social media as it can make you feel worse. Set limits for how much time a day you spend using your phone or device. Set timer apps that automatically lock your phone so you’re forced to do something else.
3. Try something creative you’ve never done before. Order yourself a model kit, crochet set or something you’ve always wanted to try. Even if you fail or don’t enjoy it, something new can stimulate your brain in new ways and help you relax. Or if you’re not the creative type, buy yourself a new book or try a new recipe and get stuck into cooking!
4. Now is the time for some self care! You’ve never had this much time before so make the most of it! Scrub, oil, moisturise and bathe yourself beautiful, get yourself a hair mask and a bath bomb, put some music on and just enjoy the thought of not having to be anywhere or go anywhere!
5. If you feel like you want to do something active, plan a walk, explore your local area by foot. Download a fitness program to do at home or even something low intensity like a stretch class. All of these things release endorphins which make you feel better and help you sleep too.
6. Being grateful is the path to happiness and we could all do with being a little more grateful! Try not to focus on the negatives of a situation, say out loud everything you’re grateful for instead, for example: your family, friends, a fridge full of food, your home & health. Just two weeks of doing that every day and you will start to notice a difference in your mindset.
We hope you enjoyed reading these tips. Let us know your tips if you have any of your own to share by visiting our social channels…